Thursday, October 13, 2011

Perseverance: The Key to Success

Perseverance. It is the key to success, the master component of change, the gateway to achievement. Perseverance is a best friend, an enemy, a rewarding obstacle. It is what separates the good from the great, the committed from the lazy, the center focal point from the background. It is ultimately what establishes the turning point from mediocre to outstanding, from average to extraordinary. People who have perseverance have the world. Every opportunity they’ve ever wanted right before them, luring, waiting to be captured at the climax of success. People who have perseverance are invincible.

I am invincible. I have perseverance.
           
            From a young age I have been taught that success does not just get handed to you with a red bow on it; you have to work toward it. Your dreams don’t simply come true on their own, but rather it is your responsibility to persevere and overcome whatever challenges may lie in your path to obtain them. I have been shown to put everything I have into my sports, school work, job, and even my social life in order to benefit and profit from the experiences I may have throughout my lifetime. I remind myself every day that hard work is needed in every area of my own life and the lives of others, however it is the will to push through it that some lack. A want is what you persevere for. If you want something badly enough, it is purely up to you and only you to chase after it and make it your own. Giving up on the chase is what separates the people who the attribute of perseverance from those who lack it. It is not a given gift, but something that is yours to grasp the meaning of and put it into beneficial effect.
           
A wise man once said, “Those who say it can’t be done should get out of the way of the person who’s doing it”. If a person wants a reward, dream, or goal badly enough, the obstacles in their way will not stop them from achieving their ultimate ambition. A person who possesses perseverance is not one who makes use of the phrase “I can’t”. With perseverance a person can and will.
           
I have perseverance. I can do whatever it is that I may set my mind to. And right now it is getting this blog post posted before 10 PM.

5 comments:

  1. Well said, Syd! This was a joy to read; well put together and fluent, I'm very impressed! I agree with what you said about perseverance, that it's important, essential. In fact, I even have the word tattooed on my body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very well said Syd! I agree completely with your idea, I think perseverance is very important. Your post had a flow to it and was a great read I wouldn’t change a thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. sick post. i agree that without perseverance you can't achieve anything and i would love to know the who the wise man was that said, “Those who say it can’t be done should get out of the way of the person who’s doing it." i thought that quote was very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice job mandy! this very well written and all, but out of curiosity what was your goal for writing this? what made you think "i'm writing about perseverance" for blogpost 6?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grant, do you always have to question people's decisions? jk bro. Great post Sydney! I too believe in perseverance and how it takes hard work and dedication in order to achieve any goal. That stuff does not come with ease.

    ReplyDelete